Instagram reels are an excellent way to create engaging short-form video content. But have you ever struggled to understand a reel because no subtitles or captions are available? In this article, I’ll show you how to add subtitles to Instagram reels, so your viewers can enjoy your content even in quiet or noisy surroundings.
First, you need to create your reel using Instagram’s built-in video recorder, or you can upload a pre-recorded video to your Instagram account. After creating your reel, tap on the “Add Text” option above the video timeline. This will bring up a new menu where you can select the font, style, and color of the subtitles you want to add to your reel.
Once you’ve customized your subtitles, you can drag and drop them anywhere on the screen. You can also adjust the timing of each subtitle by dragging its end points to match the audio in your reel. Finally, save your changes and publish your reel – that’s it! Adding subtitles to Instagram reels is a quick and easy way to make your content more accessible and appealing to a wider audience.
Preparing Your Subtitles for Instagram Reels
Subtitles can make your Instagram Reels videos a lot more engaging and accessible to viewers, especially those who are hearing-impaired or don’t understand the language spoken in your video. In this section, I’ll show you how to prepare your subtitles for Instagram Reels and ensure they’re in sync with your video.
Here’s how to add subtitles to Instagram Reels:
- First, upload your video to Instagram Reels. You can do this by tapping the plus sign icon on the Instagram home screen and selecting Reels.
- Once your video is uploaded, tap the ‘Add Audio’ button to add the audio you want to use for your Reel.
- After you’ve added your audio, tap on the ‘Subtitles’ option on the screen’s right-hand side and select ‘Create New Subtitles’.
- Now, you can start typing your subtitles. Instagram Reels will automatically detect the language spoken in your video. However, if it fails to do so, you can manually select the language from the dropdown menu.
- As you type the subtitles, ensure they’re timed accurately with the spoken words in your video. You can use the ‘Play’ button to preview each subtitle and adjust the timing as needed.
- Instagram Reels offers different styles and fonts for your subtitles. Choose the one that best suits your video’s tone and mood.
- Finally, tap the ‘Save’ button to save your changes once your subtitles are ready.
By following these steps, you can create subtitles for your Instagram Reels videos that are engaging and accessible to your audience. Remember that your subtitles don’t have to be a word-for-word transcription of your video. Instead, aim to capture the essence of what’s being said and adjust your subtitles to match your video’s tone, pace, and content. That way, your content will engage and entertain your audience.
How To Add Subtitles To Instagram Reels
If you want to increase engagement and accessibility for your Instagram Reels, adding subtitles can be an excellent choice. Not only do subtitles make your content inclusive to those who are hard of hearing or deaf, but they also widen your audience reach.
Here’s how to add subtitles to your Instagram Reels:
- First, create your Reel as usual. Once you’re ready to add your subtitles, tap on the font icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, select the “Caption” option. You’ll then be taken to the caption editing screen.
- Here, you can type in your desired captions for your Reel. You can also add new captions by tapping the “+” icon. Using advanced speech recognition technology, Instagram can automatically generate subtitles for your Reel.
- Once you’re happy with your captions, hit the “Done” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Finally, tap the share button to publish your Reel with your newly added captions.
It’s worth mentioning that Instagram currently only supports automatically generated subtitles for American English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. However, you can still add custom subtitles for any language.
Following these simple steps, you can effectively add subtitles to your Instagram Reels and make your content accessible to a wider audience.
Publishing and Adjusting Your Subtitled Instagram Reels
Once you have edited and added subtitles to your Instagram Reel, it’s time to publish your work. Here’s how to do it:
- When you’re done editing your reel, tap the arrow pointing to the right icon.
- You can choose a cover image and add a caption.
- Make sure to add relevant hashtags to your caption for discoverability.
- Then tap the “Share” button to post your subtitled Instagram reel.
Once your subtitled Instagram reel is posted, you can adjust some elements, such as the cover image, the caption, or the hashtags. Then, tap on the three dots on the top right corner of your post and select “Edit”.
You can also see the insights of your subtitled Instagram reels that provide you with data on the performance of the video. These insights include: reach, impressions, likes, comments, and saves.
Adding subtitles to Instagram reels is a great way to make your content more accessible and engaging to a wider audience. By following these simple steps, you can attract more viewers and improve the performance of your content.